Millions of makers, world-wide—from carpenters to welders, seamstresses to machinists to electronics repair technicians—make a living making and fixing stuff. Typically, they form maker ecosystems—self-organized in communities that specialize in manufacturing, repair and recycling, at the grassroots level. These artisans and craftsmen and women face huge challenges everyday, to:
- GATHER: resources and tools
- LEARN: by doing and from others
- PRODUCE: more and better items
- TRADE: and generate a steady income
- AMPLIFY: their reputation as makers
AMP is a platform that empowers makers to meet these challenges.